About the Wharton Black MBA Alumni Association (WBMBAA)
The Wharton Black MBA Alumni Association (WBMBAA, or "the Club"), was founded to serve the interests of the over 1,700 African and African diaspora alumni of The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. The spirit of the Club is to provide a platform that keeps the unique interests of our community highlighted and amplified in substantive ways.
Regular Membership in the Club is initially automatic and free of charge for all Wharton MBA alumni previously self-identified as being of African or African diaspora descent. Regular Membership is also available for any interested parties who submit a membership application.
The Club withholds the right to charge fees/dues at a later date. Members will be given ample notice when such changes will be implemented and members will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
Why Join the WBMBAA Family?
The Wharton Black MBA Alumni Association aims to build on the rich legacy and impact made by members of our WBMBAA family and to support alumni through all aspects of post MBA life including career, philanthropy, and community. As an active Member, you will have access to the following programming, benefits, and more:
- Professional and social networking within the Wharton/UPenn community, particularly with Black alumni, and outside the community with influential thought leaders across all experience levels
- Connections and sharing of ideas with industry peers and mentors/mentees
- Exclusive Club Member events focused on career and board opportunities, pathways to success, and extending your base of influential connections
- Job board access and the ability to post exclusive job openings for members
- Invitations to the Wharton Global Club conferences and other marquee events for Wharton alumni at great discounts versus non-members
- Engagement on issues that serve our communities domestically and globally
If you are interested in becoming a member or learning more, please send us an email: [email protected]